Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

What would you do?

It is the last weekend before I throw myself into Camp Nanowrimo and I feel obligated to write a blog entry because I’m not confident that I will have the time to write one once I get working on my story, although I will try my best. The problem is that I have nothing really to write about this week.

So with nothing exciting going on I will pose the question that I found myself contemplating this week. If your house was on fire what would you try to save? I have no clue why this was on my brain but it was. So here is my top 5 list (it is assuming that all the people in my life are safe and or can fend for themselves). They are in the order that I would grab them as well.

1. My cats – because it would kill me if they didn’t get out.
2. My Will email binders – because I have no way to replace those if I lose them (which reminds me I really should work on scanning them in so I can have a backup…hmm).
3. My external hard drives – because one has all my photos and the other has all my writing
4. My purse –because it always has the important stuff in it (id, cell, ect)
5. My Paul Brandt and Calgary Expo scrapbooks – ok its two items but I love them both and they contain once in a lifetime experiences and really if I have time to grab one they are side by side on my shelf so I could grab both.

What would you grab?

I also thought I would share this funny comic I found. It made me laugh a little, mostly because today was a crappy weigh in (but it always is once a month…LOL).

2 comments:

  1. 1. People (At present count, that's two kids, two adults, three cats, and anyone else who happens to be in the house.)
    2. That's it. There is no time. Literally. Any firefighter will tell you, do not try. "Trying" is how they lose people.

    I'm saying this, even though I know it's cheating the point of the exercise, because this reality has a lot to do with how I look at what I value. There are things I used to put on this list, things that it will still break my heart-- and possibly my fortitude-- to lose. But I've slowly come to learn, leaps and bounds of it this last year, that even the objects the bring back the most precious memories still hold nothing to the memories I will build with loved ones, weeping, laughing, breathing, when the fire burns everything else away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you in reality ;-) Mostly it was one of those random things of what I would miss if my house burned down :-) Next time I'll make it a list of things to save if you had to evacuate. hehehe :-)

      Delete