Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Stampede in Pictures

The 100th birthday of the Calgary Stampede has been wonderful.  I don’t think I have ever had so much fun during Stampede before.  My first rodeo and grandstand show were amazing (Paul Brandt was brilliant) and well I already wrote about my parade day.  I don’t think my words can do justice to just how cool everything has been so I will now let my photos do the talking for me.  Enjoy. 

Parade Day
Jana, Jeff, Kaitlyn and Becca (and of course me :-)

Becca's first Parade and doesn't she look stylish!

The Virgin Morning Show (photo not mine but stolen from Virgin Morning Shows facebook page - thanks guys)  Danaye, Adam (the first of many cowboy hats to distract me) and Fuzzy!  Best morning show ever.  Much love to you all :-)

The history buff in me purrs at the sight of a tank and the boy crazy side jumps for joy at boys in uniform.  I love the Stampede!


Down at the Grounds - Sunday July 8th
If I could I would so be on that zip line!

My favourite midway prize this year.

Nothing like a cold beer after a hot day on the grounds.

Waiting for the rodeo to start.  Thank god for sunscreen!

My favourite photo of all the ones I took at the rodeo.  Flying!!!!

O Canada!  A very cool addition to the singing of the anthem at the evening show.

Racing to the finish line.

 Simply stunning

Incredibly beautiful and awe inspiring.

Another cowboy hat to distract me.  It must be so thrilling to get to perform each night.  You could feel the excitement in the air.

Stunning!

I totally want the blinged out truck.



Happy Birthday Calgary Stampede!

No comments:

Post a Comment