Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

How to Amuse and Distract Your Tired Brain

It’s that time a year again. Stampede has invaded my fair city for its 100th year and all the guys are coming out in their damned cowboy hats. I’m not sure what it is about a cowboy hat that just makes me smile but it does. In fact I spent most of my day today daydreaming and it was all because of a cowboy hat worn yesterday. Guys I wouldn’t normally notice or pay any attention to become cute and the erotica writer and boy crazy version of me starts to take over my brain. Of course it probably doesn’t help that I spent last weekend reading the Fifty Shades of Grey books (which for the record I loved).

Anyway yesterday morning I got up at the 2:45am, after only sleeping for about 5 hours, and went to go pick up Jeff to take him to save seats for myself, Jana and their girls at the parade. We find a spot and I drop him off before heading back home to take my car back before hoping the bus to join him again to wait for the Jana to come with the kids and for the parade to start. When I arrive back I find out that we are basically right across the street from the booth the Virgin Morning Show has set up to broadcast from. I don’t really listen to the radio but every morning the morning show are on my radio and often I listen to them on my mp3 player when I get to work. Anyway I was excited to be across from them just because I always think it’s kind of cool to be around people that I would consider to be famous-ish. (I’m easily star struck I guess is probably the best way to put it…not that it’s a good thing but at least I can always promise I will be excited and over the moon when I meet people)

Well apparently somewhere in my tired brain my normal good sense got turned off and when one of the morning show guys put on his cowboy hat I decided to send a text to the radio station. What follows is the texts with my reactions added in. (Again remember all of this is happening at like 6am, with me being tired, and a wee bit boy crazy/star struck)

          Me: Adam cowboy hats suite you :) yeehaw!!!!!! (totally my attempt at being flirty, even if it is probably more stalker than flirty)
          Adam: Hahahaha who is this and where are ya??? (OMG he texted back he wasn’t supposed to do that…oh shit now what)
          Me: My name is Jill and we are across from you
          Adam: Directly??? Wave! (At this point I start blushing and debating between dropping it, waving or just running away. I hate being noticed although there is a part of me that loves being noticed – I know walking contradiction – I look over and notice they are scanning and trying to find me. Instead of waving I just text back)
          Me: To your left. Big girl next to guy in pink blanket lol

At this point Adam and Danaye look over find me and wave at me so Jeff and I wave back. I’m pretty sure I was completely bright red at that point but across the street I’m sure they just saw me giggling. A little while later I even got a mention on the radio followed by another wave. It’s silly I know but it totally made the day for me. I felt special for a couple seconds and the good feelings have stayed with me all of yesterday and carried over to today. Small things can make a big difference I guess so thank you to the Morning Show for making me smile and responding to my silly text.

To everyone else if you are in Calgary I hope you all have a wonderful and fun Stampede. I’m excited because for the first time in my entire life I’m going to see the rodeo and the grandstand show tomorrow. Of course the best part about at least the grandstand show, will be seeing Paul Brandt (one of my favourite country singers) performing again. The boy crazy side of me is a singing merrily away this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment