Pages

Monday, July 9, 2018

30 Days of Joy: Day 21/30


Day 21’s Joy – List Making and Planning

I have learned over the years that planning and list making are not for everyone.  Most people I know would not even think twice about really creating a plan or list for something and tend to wing it.  I however am a planner.  I love an excuse to break out a notepad to create a list or a plan for just about anything.  You may think I’m crazy but planning always brings me a great deal of joy and satisfaction.  I plan a lot of things in my life from my daily routines, to my scrapbooks but the best of all is getting to plan for a trip.  That is what brought my joy yesterday.

I’m getting ready to head off to camp with a friend and her kids.  I love camping but it just isn’t something that is much fun doing solo and the friends I typically travel with are not campers so it’s been a while since I had an excuse to break out my tent.  I actually think that the last time I went camping was about 12 years ago.  So with this upcoming trip I spent a bunch of time yesterday off and on planning and getting ready for it.  It started in the morning with some list making as I created a meal plan (smokies and s’mores baby…hehehe) and wrote out my packing list. 

The fun continued as I went hunting through the house and garage to see what camping supplies I actually have.  The best part of this was actually finding a tent that we thought had gone missing.  It’s a small family tent that is easy to set up and a decent size.  It thrills me to find it.  I wasn’t looking forward to trying to figure out how to set up an unknown tent.  Knowing the tent hadn’t been set up in ages I pulled it out and put it up to make sure it was in good condition.  I think the best part was in seeing the tent set up because it totally amped up my excitement.  Now there really isn’t anything in the way of this camping trip, or any future ones.

In the end, while a day of putting together the pieces needed for a successful trip might not be considered all that joyful by most, to me yesterday was a pretty perfect day.  I went to bed feeling the excitement of the pending trip.  Having all the parts and pieces in place makes my soul sing.  Making lists and planning might not be for everyone but it is one of the things that really fills me up and brings me joy.  Sharing this 30 day challenge reminds me that it’s always best to embrace the things that I love regardless of what other people may think.  Life is better when you follow you heart.

Saturday's Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment