Pages

Friday, July 6, 2018

30 Days of Joy: Day 18/30


Day 18’s Joy – Spending Time Walking with a Friend

It may seem rather obvious that time spent with friends would bring joy into my day and although I have written about it a couple times already in this challenge, I think that I often take it for granted that I actually need time being social.  It’s really easy for me to get caught up in doing things on my own and spending time by myself because I’m incredibly comfortable doing it.  Don’t get me wrong, I love all my friends and spending time with them but it is not always something I go out to my way to seek.  That is part of why I have tried to make reaching out a goal for this year as well as trying to include some friend time in this 30 day challenge.

Yesterday’s joy was some of that friend time.  I went out at lunch for a walk with a friend and coworker who has been off for a month travelling through France.  Getting out and away from my desk at lunch, I’m learning always brings me joy but getting to do it with someone else makes it even better.  It was great to catch up and hear about her trip.  It had me thinking about and remembering my own trip to France.  As a lover of travel there is something very satisfying when I get to think about travelling.    I also love hearing about other people’s adventures.  It was a fabulous way to spend a lunch hour.

It is super easy for me to fall on the excuse that I’m an introvert and prefer my own company to avoid getting out there and being social.  Finding joy in being social is helping me to re-write that way of thinking though.  As I’m getting closer to the end of the challenge, it is a good reminder that I need to make sure I always make time in my crazy life for being social and spending time with the people that matter the most to me.

I will end this blog with a Winnie the Pooh quote that I find rotating in my brain this morning.  “A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.”  My wish is that everyone reading this will always find your pot of honey full.   Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment