Pages

Monday, June 25, 2018

30 Days of Joy: Day 7/30


Day 7’s Joy – Scrapbooking with Friends

Wow I can hardly believe it has already been a week of trying to seek out intentional joy each day.  It has been a pretty great week.  Overall I’m feeling happier and more fulfilled with the things in my world.  It’s kind of crazy because I’m not really doing anything that I wouldn’t normally do in a week but in paying attention to how it brings me joy, it has shifted how I look at each day.  It’s been pretty amazing.  I’m also learning a lot about myself which is always a good thing.

Anyway, day number 7 was a pretty great day.  My joy came from spending 10 hours with a couple friends working on our scrapbooks.  I think it was even more special for me because I was scrapbooking the photos from my 10K race. 

Time spent scrapbooking for me is guaranteed joy.  It doesn’t matter when I do it or where I do it or even how long I can devote to it, scrapbooking will always relax me, inspire me and remind me of all the great things in my life.  If you want to increase your joy I highly recommend giving scrapbooking a chance, especially with events or things that brought you joy to start with.  Going back and looking at the photos will bring back the memories and feelings that you experienced at the time of the event.  You can increase that feeling by writing about it.  Then anytime you need a boost to your mood you can flip open the book and continue to relive the most important moments of your life.

Yesterday as I mentioned I was scrapbooking my 10k race photos.  It has only been 4 weeks since I did the race, so not really that long ago, but working with the photos did put me back into that moment.  I got to relive the pride, the struggle and all the love and support I experienced that Sunday.  The photos and pages I worked on yesterday will be add to a scrapbook that I have been keeping to document my weight loss journey and let me tell you, anytime when I feel like I’m struggling I pick up that book.  It has become a powerful tool to keep me going and to remind me where I have come from. 

Scrapbooking may not bring joy for everyone.  In fact one of the friends that was scrapbooking with me yesterday will probably never do a second book, but even she admits that she loves that she will have a book to capture a trip that we all took together last year.  Ultimately though what yesterday really boils down to for me and why it got added to my days of joy is because it was about doing something I love and throwing myself in to it with both feet.

Happy Monday world.   I can’t wait to see what you have in store for me this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment