Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2018

30 Days of Joy: Day 5/30


Day 5’s Joy – A Low Key Night at Home

There is a Brene Brown quote that I have written in my book that sums up yesterday’s joy.  “Joy comes to us in ordinary moments.  We risk missing out when we get too busy chasing down the extraordinary.”  My world is often crazy and even when I first thought about this challenge it was to bring more of the extraordinary moments into my life (the whole idea of Expo mashed up with 10k finishes) but I have to say that in the last 5 days what I have started to realized is how much of what I do really brings me joy.

Last night I had a plan in place for what I was going to do to find my joy; I had a vision of my book and my bathtub all day.  However as I had to clean my house first and have dinner I turned on the television.  I came across the movie Bridget Jones Baby, which I love.  That movie led to watching another movie Home Again, which I hadn’t seen before but it was sweet.  There is something great about movies but last night it was more than just tuning out and watching movies.  The best part of the night end up being that I got to spend all of Home Again and most of Bridge Jones on the couch with Zoe (my cat for those who don’t know) cuddled on me. 

Sometimes joy comes from the simplest things.  Zoe is the world’s biggest suck.  She is unlike any cat I have ever known.  If I’m sitting down she is on me or lying beside me with her paws reaching out to touch me.  She has always just wanted to be attached to me.  Lots of times though I don’t sit still long enough to really enjoy this.  Lots of times it drives me nuts because it is hard to do much when you have a cat demanding your attention.  Last night though I just revelled in it.  I was just grateful to be able to pet her and have her curled up on me.  It was pretty much the perfect night.

I have to say that even though I’m only five days in to this challenge I’m learning a lot.  I’ve started a list of lessons that are coming out of it that I will share at the end but one thing I wanted to share now is how amazing it is to be able to find joy each day.  Now that I’m watching and checking in with myself to notice those little moments that fill me up, I’m realizing how much of them are there.  Being more aware has made me more grateful which in turn has showed me that maybe I had more joy in my world than I thought. 

My wish for everyone today is that you can all find the luxury of time spent doing something that brings you joy no matter how simple it may seem.



No comments:

Post a Comment