Pages

Friday, June 22, 2018

30 Days of Joy: Day 4/30



Day 4’s Joy – Catching Up with Old Friends

Day 4 was a pretty easy day to find my joy.  I didn’t even have to set an intention to find it. Time spent with friends and kids is instant joy for me.  One of my goals this year is to reconnect with people.  I have a tendency to spend a lot of time on my own which I think is okay except that last year I noticed that I was starting to feel disconnected from the people I care about and that’s not cool with me.  So this year I have been trying hard to fix that feeling by reaching out more. 

I have a few friends that I have known since junior high and high school (20+ years…wow where does the time go).  We may not spend a lot of time together but when I do get to see them it always just feels easy.  There is something special about the people that have known you forever.  It is hard for me to even put into words how much these few oldest friends mean to me but between the flood of memories and the ease of conversation, I know I’m always going to leave a visit with one of them feeling more joyous and lifted up.  These people became friends at a time when it felt like the whole world was making fun of me and judging me for my weight and I’m sure that is part of why they have such an effect on me. 

Of course added to catching up with my friend was also getting to spend some time with her son.  I haven’t seen him in a couple years.  He is full of kid energy that is just contagious.  I suspect it might be a bit different if I was around kids all the time but because I don’t, I can’t help but love that energy.  To see the world as kids do and spend time with them is fantastic.  It reminds me not to take myself or life to seriously.  It also challenges my imagination to try and connect and play on their level.  it is just a great way to spend some time.

I might only be four days into this challenge but I have to say that of all the random challenges I have tried this has been my favourite.  I’m amazed at how much more I’m already smiling.  As content and happy as I always am bringing joy in daily has raised the bar.  Happy Friday to everyone, may the day go fast and the weekend start soon for everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment