Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

World's Greatest Friends!

It has been one heck of a week and I will admit that I’m more than glad that it is not only a weekend but a long weekend. To catch you all up after my amazing day on Saturday things went downhill quickly. Sunday on my way home from my weekly gathering of writers I got into a minor accident. It was nothing major, no injuries and neither car really had much damage. After reporting the incident I realized just how old my car and the fear began to sink in that she wasn’t going to get repaired. This was confirmed after I had it appraised on Monday. I still had a little hope though after talking to the insurance guy who said that it could go either way when I told him the total on the damage. Stress kicked in along with panic, fear and sadness. I was having a hard time sleeping and my stomach was one giant knot. The worst day was Tuesday when I still didn’t have my rental and realized I left my purse at work. I had a full blown panic attack. Now I tell you all of this so you can understand where I was at. Things looked bleak and I felt hopeless but as the week went by things turned around. I am in a completely different head space now in spite of the fact my poor little Tercel is finished. This blog entry however is not about the car; it is about everyone who helped me from losing my mind completely.

I have said this before but I truly feel the need to say it again, I have some of the greatest and most supportive friends in this world. Even though the whole situation was incredibly frustrating and left me feeling more than a little cursed I was receiving lots of messages and texts reminding me that things would get better. Every time I thought I was going to lose it someone would pop up to help cheer me on. Whether it was just someone to listen to me rant or someone to drag me to Peter’s Drive In for ice cream or helping me begin the search for a new car so many of my friends have jumped up to help me out. It amazes me at how many great people are in my life, I sometimes forget that I have as many friends as I do.

Now that the stress has been lifted off my shoulders, decisions have been made and plans are in place I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all my friends. I know I’m not always the easiest person to deal with, especially when I’m stressed but I’m so glad you all put up with me. So as my night is coming to an end I just want to say that I love you all. Each of you means a great deal to me no matter if I have known you for many years or just a short time. Without each of you this last week would have been even more miserable. I look forward to repaying all of your love and support back to you. (We can start with rides in the new car once I figure out which one I’m going to get.)

No comments:

Post a Comment