Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Photo Wednesday: Nothing Like a Well Loved Toy

I have been thinking a lot about the photos that I have picked up for these Wednesday posts and why I love them.  The reasons have always been so varied but one thing for sure is that they all make me smile, remind me of great moments, and even tweak my heart a little.  They are photos that I look at over and over and ones that I want to share with everyone.  This week's photo is one of those.  It is of Kaitlyn (one of my adopted nieces and daughter of one of my good friends) and her favourite stuffed animal, Bunny Brown.  Bunny Brown has been very well loved and very much reminds me of the Velveteen Rabbit.


Every time I look at this photo I get something different out of it.  When I first took it and was looking at it on the camera I thought it was cute, much like many of the photos I took the day we visited Discovery Wildlife Park for the first time.  When I uploaded it on to the computer and pulled it up to the size of my computer monitor I realized that it was a really special photo.  Then I went and had it printed as an 8x10 for a scrapbook and that is when I fell in love with it.  Part of it is the colour - I love the way the pink pops out (nothing like choosing your background...of course now I recognize the need for a good background but I will admit when I took the photo it wasn't even a thought in my mind).  I also love that you can almost feel the love that Kaitlyn has for her rabbit. 

The coolest thing about the photo in my opinion is that now when I look at it I also feel some nostalgia for my own childhood.  We all have a favourite stuff animal or toy (or in my case a blanket) that we loved to carry around.  My hope is that when Kaitlyn is much older I can present her with a version of this photo and it will bring back all the great memories of a simpler time.  It will remind her of a friend that kept her company, protected her from the world and learned all her secrets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment