Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Bittersweet Victory



Just over a month ago I wrote a blog entry called Trying to Fight the Rusty Feeling and talked about my Camp Nanowrimo challenge that I was taking on. Well I’m very happy to let you all know that I succeeded in my challenge. I wrote and completed a draft of Stolen Moments. I can officially say I have written a novel, a full complete novel. I have started many projects but I have never actually finished one so it feels pretty amazing to me. I feel incredibly proud of what I accomplished.

I will say this the month was not without its challenges. There were times when I didn’t think I could write anymore and there were times when my characters just didn’t want to cooperate. I also had amazing days though where everything just flowed really well. Each day was a new journey and adventure and I really did love every minute of it. I’m also happy to say that I successfully beat the rusty feeling. I know that I can put words together and create a story again.

The last month felt like I had never left my writing and that was a blessing. I look forward to taking the momentum I gained and applying it to other stories I want to write. It’s finally time to tell some of the stories I have kept in my head for so long.

All of this is a little bittersweet though, because this story was one of the last story ideas I ever shared with my friend Will. He also infuses all the male characters of the story, especially the one I named after him. I was worried about the emotions I would have while writing it but for the month while I worked on the story I got to have my friend back. So now that the story is written as excited as I am to be done I’m missing my friend again. I did get a message on facebook from his wife though who said that she and him are proud of me. It was really nice and touched me more than words can express. I know that he would have loved the story and I know he helped me write it. I don’t know that I would ever try to get it published but I just want to say here that the story is dedicated to him. His love and support helped to write this and every time I read it he will be in my heart.

Thank you to all of you who are reading this that also supported me along the way. The messages on facebook, and the likes on my statuses all helped to keep me going. I value you all and I hope that I have told you each that at some point and if not consider it said now.

No comments:

Post a Comment