Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Beating the Summer Heat

I have been busy working on my Nanowrimo story and am in need for a break from it so decided to share some photos from last weekend. Before I get to those I should mention for those curious my story is going really well. As of this entry I’m sitting at over 15000 words, and should be hitting over 16000 before I go to bed tonight. I’m a little bit behind the schedule I set out for myself but I’m still plugging away at a steady pace. I was able to get over the chapter that I most dreaded writing and my characters are being extra chatty so it’s helping to keep things moving. The only problem is a few characters have decided that they don’t want to be as minor as I had planned them and have created new scenes for themselves. hehehe (yes I know I sound crazy but when then again when I’m writing it is like I have voices talking to me so I guess it is crazy.) I’ll keep you all posted as the month continues.

So anyway last weekend while I was hanging out in Stirling, AB I was faced with 30-35 degree weather which is not something I enjoy. Instead of complaining though I just spent some time with my friend’s daughter, Artemis, splashing with her in her wading pool. Of course I should have known it wouldn’t end with some simple splashing. It ended up being a whole lot more fun and great way to beat the heat as I got hopeless picked on. Of course my friends rather than rescue me grabbed my camera and took pictures. So here are a few photos that I thought I would share from the watering incident and some of the other adventures that happened while we were hanging out. It was a great weekend with some of my best friends.

It's always Brennan.  He is Trouble :-)


You get more splash if  you turn around



I'm just a little wet.

Trying to share my beat the heat remedy.Lady - the latest addition to the groupAretmis with her favourite bday present and one of the my little pony cards she got.
Hungry or not Hush gets a bowl in the face


Hanging out around the fire.



Making about a million kabobs...it was a tonne of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment