Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Photo Wednesday: A Little Family Love

This week's photo was taken in August 2010 when my brother,sister and I invaded Vancouver Island and my parents home. 

I have a few reasons for loving this photo.  The first is that I have wanted to have a family photo for years.  Although my Dad enjoyed photography we never actually had a family photo done.  When I was scanning photos for a scrapbook I did find one that dad must have taken on a tripod but my brother is only a bump in my Mom's tummy so it shows how long ago that was.  So I love the photo because finally I have a picture of my whole family. 

The other reason I love this photo is because when I look at it I flash back to an amazing day where no one was fighting with each other.  We were laughing and having fun.  Dad was trying to chase away wasps and we were all just really goofy.  I sometimes forget how much I love my family (especially when we all butt heads, which when you are as strong willed as most members of my family, happens a lot) but it is moments like this that let me enjoy them and celebrate the fact they are my family.  I'm glad to have a photo to help me remember this moment in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment