Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Highs and Lows; Ups and Downs

Well it is a long overdue entry and for that I apologize. The last 3 weeks have been crazy both for my weight loss and for my life.

My weight bounced up during Stampede (oops...damn Bon Jovi making me go to the grounds to tempt me) but has since come back down. It has been a bit of a struggle because with the summer heat my desire to work out has diminished. The saving grace though has been roller skating. I have been going pretty much three times a week since the start of July and have been loving it. I am getting better each time I go. My balance has come leaps and bounds since the first time I tried for my birthday. I also can do more laps with less break time. I fully plan to continue with skating. I am even planning on buying skates when I come back from my holidays. In terms of my weight for the next couple of weeks I'm just hoping to stay the same as I'm about to go on holidays. I figure because I will be visiting my family I should be ok in terms of food choices so as long as I can keep somewhat active I should be good to go and should have good news for you when I return.

In terms of life I have had some pretty busy weeks. I got to experience something I never thought possible and something that I will remember forever. I got to be up close and personal with a couple of bears.


These pictures were taken at a place called Discovery Wildlife Park. I love bears so I was so excited, although I will admit it is pretty scary to be that close to bears, even if you do know that they have been trained to act in movies and be around people. The whole day at the park was wonderful. You are much closer to the animals then you are at the zoo so it was a very neat place to go and play with my camera. This is definitely one of the highlights of my staycation summer.

Another fun part to the last couple weeks was a visit down to Lethbridge. I always love going down to visit and hang out, getting to spend time with old friends and of course my adopted niece...hehehe. It is hard to believe she turned two though. It seems like just yesterday that we found out Artemis was on her way. I think the best part about visiting right now is just seeing how a two year old explores the world. There is something fascinating about how they play, explore and live in the world. It makes for a fun weekend.

In spite of the good I have had my share of bad days in the last few weeks. Between the ever wonderful joys of work and teenage girls that are ignorant and rude there have been days where I have just wanted to toss my hands in the air and quit. The good news is though that I have great friends to vent to and to remind me of what really matters. But really I have become very good and shrugging the negative off and leaving it in the past where it belongs. Not always an easy task but I recommended everyone learns how to accomplish this. It really does make it easier to be happy and keep focusing on moving forward rather than living in the past.

Anyway on that note I need to say good-bye for now. I have to get ready to go see Backstreet Boys. I'm super excited, I have loved them for years and this is the first time I'm actually going to see them in concert :-) I will try to write again while I'm on holidays but it will likely be after I get back from BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment