Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

What a Week

So as if my brain wasn't spinning enough last week, I had yet another thing to add to the mess. While at the dentist getting my root canal finished off, he broke the drill bit in the tooth. I know have a new piece of metal in one of the canals in the tooth sealed in by the filling. I spent the better part of the week stressing over what I should do because there is nothing they can really do about the file. Well ultimately I could go for surgery and have them remove it from the bottom but then I would also lose a good chunk of the root so not really worth it unless things go wrong. I could also have the tooth pulled but not much point in that if I can avoid it as well. All that said it wasn't so much the fact that I now have metal in my mouth because I don't think it should cause a problem, where my brain has been spinning is if I should still crown the stupid tooth. It's a lot of money to put into a tooth that may reject the file and abscess again. (I'm also not really happy about thinking that my tooth may abscess again because that was the worst weekend of my life when it went last time). Anyway after talking to everyone I have come to the decision that since my crown isn't scheduled until September there is no sense in worrying until then. I'm hoping that if things are going to go wrong they will go wrong in the next two months so that I can fix it before spending a small fortune on my tooth. However if nothing happens in the next two months I'm going to bet on the odds that everything should be ok for years to come. LOL. Oh how I love dentists and dentistry...can you tell.

Aside from teeth drama, last week was a great week. I got my summer pass for roller skating, so went a few times. I got some more falls out of the way, but learned that I can at least get myself up without help now. I getting stronger and faster, now it is time to work on my stamina and balance. I also completed another 5k on my treadmill and 1 min faster than last time :-) The best part is that all the hard work (well if you can call skating hard work) showed on the scale when I weighed in on Saturday which will help me try to repeat the process again this week. I'm determined to break my not losing weight in the summer curse. I know I can do it and I will do it, one lap around the roller rink at a time. hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment