Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Losing Weight Can Suck Sometimes

I consider myself to be a pretty optimistic person.  I can usually find the silver lining to most things but lately I have been struggling with that when it comes to my weight loss journey.  I have had a whole slew of negative feelings, thoughts and actions creep in to my world when it comes to my weight loss journey.  I have been feeling like a rebellious teenager fighting against her parents only in this case my parents are all the changes I have made to fix my world.  So this blog entry is a straight up list of complaints and negative garbage that is in my head.   In writing it down it takes the power away and helps me look at it from some distance so that I can keep this weird backwards slide I have been on from going any further (or at least that’s what I hope anyway).  Essentially this is my entry to myself that lets me bitch but then ends with me pulling on my big girl panties and doing it all anyway.

Things that suck about trying to losing weight:

1. Having to pay attention to your food all the time. 
I feel like my life revolves around food which is probably half the problem.  Planning and prepping healthy meals takes a huge part of my “free” time and I resent it.  Sometimes I downright loathe it. 

2. Not trusting your body especially when it comes to hunger signals.
Having to ask yourself am I hungry or is this something else is enough to drive anyone crazy.  There are so many reasons I think I’m hungry and probably only a small fraction are because I’m actually in need of sustenance.   

3.  THE SCALE!!!!!!!!!
Yes it is just a number and it shouldn’t define you but it does.  No matter how much you don’t want to care about it and try to focus on the other ways things are getting better that stupid number still exists. 

4. Having to buy clothes
This shouldn’t suck but it does.  Every time I go shopping I have anxiety because I don’t know what size I’m going to be (pretty sure the sales people hate me to because I have to grab two or three of everything).   Oh and also the cost of clothes, seriously I don’t have enough money to keep myself in good proper fitting clothes.  Oh and the fact that your favourite clothes that you spent good money on start to look horrible.

5. Having to schedule my world around the gym.
I love the gym don’t get me wrong but there are times when I hate the fact I have to go.  Early mornings alarms, skipping favourite tv shows, or missing out on stuff with friends are all the bad side of having a regular gym routine.

6.  Giving up chips
Yep chips get their own spot because I curse them and the fact I can’t have them.  They are the only food I can actually taste without having.  I crave them.  I dream of them.  I can’t buy them because I have no control with them.

7. It doesn’t happen overnight
Seriously why aren’t I done yet?  

No comments:

Post a Comment