Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Proud to be a Calgarian

I feel the need to write a little something to go with the photos I posted from yesterday.  Since we got the evacuate notice yesterday afternoon things have been pretty crazy.  The city I love and have called home all my life is experiencing things that we have never seen before.  The amount of water that is through many of the communities in the city is beyond belief.  The images that have been coming over social media and the news are insane.  It is hard to actually come up with the words to describe what is going on.

One thing that I have to say though is that as a city we are pulling through.  People are offering their houses for people that have been evacuated.  There is talk all over twitter and Facebook of people wanting to help out.  It is amazing to see the city come together to support each other.   I’m blown away by what I’m seeing.  It is good to see people being so good to each other.  It makes me feel even better about the city I live in.

It is really hard to come up with the words to express what I want to say so I think I will end this entry with some more photos, a few of my own and a few that I have gotten off of Facebook.  I am keeping everyone who is displaced from their homes in my prayers.  Calgarians keep your spirits high and remember to be good to each other.  If we rely on each other we will get through this and be able to clean up and recover.
Centre Street bridge this morning around 8am.


(Not My Photo - don't have a credit for it)The bridge that I was taking photos from yesterday behind my work.  A lot more water there now.


(Not My Photo - don't have a credit for it) The Stampede Grounds

(Not My Photo - don't have a credit for it) A pub that is very near where I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment