Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Love You Molly!

This morning I had to make the hard decision to let Molly go. I woke up this morning and she wasn’t herself. She was really wobbly as she walked and wouldn’t eat any food. I took her to the vet and discussed all the options but the reality was it was time to say goodbye. Molly wasn’t the most social of cats but she was very special and loved. I want to write this entry to remind me of how great she was and as a way to say goodbye and pay tribute to her. I will miss her very much.

My Sweet Molly

You were one of the very best cats in the world. I got to have you in my life for 15 or 16 years but really got to know you in the last seven. You were such a bully of a cat. I still remember how you used to tear after Tippy when we first brought you home and you wanted to take over. Of course that didn’t change when we brought Zoe in. I can’t think of how many times I had to break up fights or chase you away from Zoe. You were the queen of the house and you knew it.

Most special to me though was the last few years when you would actually sit with me and cuddle. I still think it was either to humor me or to make Zoe jealous but whatever the case I loved it. I know you were never really a people loving cat but with the right bribe we could usually draw you out and everyone thought you were beautiful and loved you.

I think what I’ll miss the most though as silly as it sounds is you demanding for food the minute I wake up or come home from work. And it will be weird to cut cheese and not have you rubbing between my legs waiting for your piece. You were always so food motivated I always knew how to make you happy. It was the one time I could count on you letting me pet you.

I’m going to miss the way you would play with your toys until someone actually noticed you. You just couldn’t let us know that you will silly enough to toss toys around. But I had you figured out I knew you loved them especially the pillows with catnip and honeysuckle or that poor killed spider toy.

You of course weren’t without your quirks. Between squishing into boxes and containers to small for you and the way you howled at the camera you were a cat with personality. I will never take a picture of any other cat and not think of how you would react to the camera. You are the only animal I have ever known to react so strongly. I still think you were convinced the camera was trying to steal your soul. To hear you even whine when we just pretended to take photos was funny. I am grateful though that you at least let me a few really great photos of you. I will treasure them forever.

Wherever you are now my princess I hope that you are putting everyone in their place and causing havoc. I hope you have a never-ending supply of cheese and milk and lots of mice to catch (you were a really great little hunter). I loved you very much and the house will be a lot quieter without you in it but I know you are in a better place. Zoe and I will miss you very much but we will not forget you.
Molly in her favourite chair

Squishing into a basket barely big enough for her.  Such a character!

Playing with two of her favourite toys

Mine! You can't have it.


Fine take your picture but I will get you back for this.


My absolute favourite photo of Molly.


No comments:

Post a Comment