Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Photo Wednesday: Greenery

Well I have missed a couple weeks but I'm back with lots more photos to share.  This week's photo is one of my favourites (yes I know I say that a lot - but really am I going to choose the non favourites...probably not...hehehe).  I figured with the snow that has fallen this week in Calgary a little green might be nice.  It is a picture of one of my cats, Molly.  Anyone that knows me knows I take a lot of photos of my cats, they are like my children in that respect I suppose.  The hard thing with the cats is getting a really good photo of them, especially of Molly. 

Whenever you pull out a camera Molly starts crying and whining and running away from the camera.  I figure she thinks it is going to steal her soul.  So when I can catch her off guard I'm always amazed at the photo.  I knew when I took this photo that it was good, but it wasn't until I blew it up that I realized just how much I liked it.  I love the way the green of the grass reflects in her eyes and I love that her head is just tilted enough to show she is curious about something. 

I have actually done more with this photo than I have with many.  Not only has it been printed as an 8x10 and put proudly and prominently in a scrapbook but it is also one of  the photos that often can be found on my computer desktop at work.  I have also put a 4x6 copy up on my wall of favourite photos.  It is one of the photos that I look at and think that maybe I can take good photos.  I hope you all enjoy it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment