Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

RIP Will

I found out today that one of my closest friends died of a heart attack. Will was someone I met online through my writing 12 years ago when I was 20. It was an unlikely friendship since he was 25 years my senior but somehow we became friends. He is the only person that knew me and all my layers. He knew me inside and out. Will was there when my first boyfriend broke up with me (and even let me visit him) and helped me deal with the loss of another close friend who walked away after I turned down his proposal. Anytime I was fighting with my family or just needed a little reassurance that I was on the right track he was there for me. He helped me decide that it was time to leave Walmart and has been the first person I ask advice from when it came to men. I'm don't remember a time when he wasn't just an email away. I don't know what I'm going to do without him. He has left an open hole in my soul that will never be filled but I will hold him in my heart forever. My email inbox will be empty without your messages.

Thank you Will for all you have given me and all you have taught me. Thank you for listening to me and cheering me on. Thank you for all your advice and your patience. Thank you most of all for always being my friend. It means the world to me to have had you in my life and I hope you knew how much I loved you. I will miss you and love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment