Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why

Ever wonder why we fight so hard against the things that are good for us. I have been thinking about that a lot over the last few weeks. It's funny how our brains work. In the last little while I have been battling hard to make the right choices and not always winning. I have had some pretty bad days where I just feel horrible and it is entirely because I have over indulged in things like sugar or fat. I'm starting to really pay attention to my brain and the things I think. I'm starting to realize how careful I have to be with my random mind wanderings. I have always lived my life in my mind and it's only now that I'm starting to realize how that may just be my one of my biggest downfalls. Another example of this weird thinking is when it comes to exercise. It is really easy to think I'm tired or I don't feel like it today and really to create a million excuses to avoid getting on that treadmill. I find excuses all the time but I have also learned to battle them and the thing is as tired as I am when I start working out by the end I feel amazing. It's a slow journey but slowly my brain is changing. I'm recognizing what truly makes me feel good and what doesn't. Sure exercising sucks and sure eating healthy doesn't always taste the best but how I feel inside makes up for that.

I write this for only one reason and that is because I needed to tell myself that I am on track. It is a struggle every day and I just have to remember that it is the challenge and the struggle that will make reaching my goal feel so much better.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is exactly what I needed to read today. I really want to become less anti-social. I'm doing a bit better. I'm finding it's like you describe exercise. If I can get myself out of the house and to the whatever-event-it-is, I usually end up having a ton of fun.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete