Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Ten Weeks to the New Year

As scary as it sounds it is now a little less then 10 weeks to 2011, and with that I have started on a 10 week challenge to end this year on a positive note and to start the new year off with a bang. I can't take credit for the idea, it came from a weight watchers meeting but I figure it's a great way to end the year and it also goes nicely with the monthly challenges I have been giving myself the last couple of months.

So the way it works...first come up with a list of 10 things you want to do (I will share mine after this) for the next 10 weeks. The first week (this week) you do the first thing on the list. Then the second week you do the first and the second things. You continue this until you hit week 10, adding in a new step each week until you are doing all 10. This will leave you ready to celebrate your new year on a positive note. In my goal to become more and more positive I figure if I end the new year on a positive note it will set me up to have a positive and good 2011. (Or at least that's the hope anyway.)

Anyway here is my list (it is weight watchers based in case you are wondering where some of them come from):
1. Work out at 3 times per week
2. Track my points every day (including Saturday's which was my day off)
3. Eat my 5-7 servings of fruit and vegetables every day
4. Up working out to 4 times per week
5. Go for a short walk each work day lunch hour
6. Drink a minimum of 6 glasses of water each day
7. Journal write (not my blog but my actual journal) at least twice a week
8. Have 3 servings of milk/milk products per day
9. Create a weekly menu - that I will actually use and follow
10. Lastly up my working out to at least 5 times per week.

On their own none of these are truely hard but all ten are things that I often struggle with. I know that if I can master all 10 and continue it in 2011 I'll be at my goal weight before I know it. So there you have it, another plan to help keep me motivated and pushing towards my health goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment